15 August, 2008

Just around the corner?


Last night I arrive home after a business dinner to the first Fall edition of Skiing magazine. Didn't really sink in. This morning, I awake to thoughts of waist-deep Utah blower powder. Now begins the anxious pre-ski-season cycle. Summer's winding down with shorter days, cooler mornings, etc. But we're a LONG way from snow. Thoughts turn to how cool those new Line Prophet 100's are going to be in the steep and deep (they got a really good review in this same issue, btw).

Of course, I will still be found wading the Huron fly fishing the hex hatch tonight. And I've got a 30+ mile ride planned for the weekend, a Tigers game on Sunday afternoon, and maybe some more fishing that night. But visions of sliding the frozen are firmly fixed in my mind.
-Sean-

No comments: