13 October, 2008

Random Stuff

Took a great Fall ride yesterday with neighbor Mike -- about 25 miles and kept up an 18 mph pace. So nice to ride with someone to push me. But can feel the season winding down. Need to find something to maintain that aerobic fitness. And, yes, I know I can ride when it's cold, but I WON'T. Strangely I love all these cold-weather things and am very cold-tolerant when skiing, fishing, hunting, etc. But, for some strange reason, I turn into a wuss on my bike in the cold! Just hate it.


Did review summary data yesterday from my Garmin computer and I've ridden over 1,200 miles this season, and (if you believe these things) burned over 90,000 calories! That was kind of cool to see.


But I was eyeing my super-cool, super-fat Line Prophet 100 skis that I picked up at season's end yesterday and I think I started to drool a little. Yes, ski season's coming. Sure hope for another epic snow winter like last year! Had some beautiful days in Utah (like Alta, at left) and in Michigan, too!!! Hope for more of the same this year.
Steelhead fishing next week with Hawkins Outfitters. If you're eager to try for this challenging fish, even if you're a newbie, spend a day with Jon Ray. I learned more with him than in a whole season on my own.
-Sean-

No comments: