10 November, 2008

First Flakes


Well, it's here. First snow that stuck fell last night. It's cold (and dark) in the mornings. Stopped in at ski shop over the weekend. Now comes that LONG few weeks until skiing gets rolling. The anticipation is palpable - and contagious. All of my skiing friends seem to have it - newbies and old schoolers like me. We know it's coming, we just don't know when.


Heard this morning that areas around Traverse City got 6" of snow. Only a matter of time now. In the meantime, I'll get boot fit tuned up, get skis waxed, double- and triple-check all my gear. And watch the weather forecast every day.


In the meantime, I learned that there's a decent steelhead run in the lower reaches of the Huron River. An hour from home is MUCH better than 3-4 hours. May need to run down this weekend and check out that action!


-Sean-

No comments: