24 November, 2008

Winter's Coming

While I seem to have really increased my enjoyment of summer in recent years, I'm still a winter animal.

Been out fishing for steelhead on flies a few times lately at the Flat Rock dam on the Huron River. No results yet, but I'm still figuring it out. Two hooks means twice as much opportunity to snag stuff. But being outside in the cold, crisp air along the river sure feels good. Drives an energy that really doesn't come from anywhere else.

Finished up final bootfitting with Rob of Sun & Snow just in time for snow arriving and Michigan ski areas opening up. I'd always thought that ski boots had to be a little uncomfortable -- being rigid plastic boxes and all. After Rob pushed, pulled, tugged, twisted, and deformed them I was 110% wrong. Wow. Difference is ASTOUNDING.

And really enjoying the onset of cold and snow with the Mustang out of my life. While it may look like a toaster, the Element is so much better suited to my lifestyle and interests.

-Sean-

1 comment:

cbomb said...

Winter is here in Austin today - we didn't get above 65 for the high.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.