19 December, 2008

Snow-Ho-Ho!

Big time snow in Michigan today - the first big one of the season. I cleared 5" off the drive at 7am and weatherman's calling for another 4-7" today. Needless to say, I am happy. I hate gray/brown Christmas.

One thing I'm certainly happy for is the Element. I was thinking as I drove out of my unplowed subdivision this morning that I was really glad to be rid of the Mustang. Snowy days always took too much creativity and effort. Element just chugged right through it all. I was surprised as I thought it a little low -- after owning several Jeeps -- but really no issues.
Still snowing as I write this. Nice swirling flakes. A friend is travelling on business in Miami and was just trying to make me jealous - no way, this is where I'd rather be. I think a little skiing tomorrow and perhaps a little time on the river with a fly rod, too.
Ahh, snowy winter in Michigan. Perfect!
-Sean-

No comments: