14 May, 2009

Blade Runner

I've always loved good knives. Whether it's the Wusthoff cutlery in my kitchen, or my little Buck stainless pocket knife. There's something special, yet utilitarian, about a well-crafted knife. I even still have my folding pocket knife from Boy Scouts.

Recently I picked up a great one - a Rapid River Knifeworks skinner fixed blade. Handmade in the Central Upper Peninsula of Michigan these are super-solid knives. The back edge of the blade is almost 1/4" thick. This is a seriously rugged knife. The laminate handle is a really nice piece of wood and it came with a very functional sheath. As handcrafted knives go it was also a bargain!

And, per yesterday's topic -- it was all Michigan-made. Lifetime guarantee, and free sharpening and polishing for life. If you're in US-2 in Rapid River (outside Escanaba) I highly recommend a stop. Nice folks and a great selection.
-Sean-

No comments: