23 June, 2009

Never Enough Time

Recently, while shooting clays with a friend, he remarked, "Ya' know there are just too many things I like to do to do them all...". Wow, do I hear that - although another friend refers to me as the Master of LeisureTime Activities. I'll certainly never be one of those guys who retires and can't figure out what to do with themselves because work was all they had!

This time of year is rough. The fishing is good in many places with hex hatches just starting up north and rumors of good days locally on the Huron. Weather is consistently warm, so road riding is always an option. Unfortunately, new mountain bike also calls (though recent heavy rains have slowed that call a bit). I love sporting clays in the summer. And some time at the target range is always fun. Plus the kayak becons. Naturally, this is all at the time when the grass seems to need to be cut every 6 minutes, and other projects around the house are in full-swing!

Though I suppose it helps that I really don't spend much time in front of the TV - after talking to others it's surprising how much of your life this can eat up. And, I'm pretty good about planning how I'll get my work done, and chores around the house so I can have time to go play. When I don't get to go play, I get a little itchy, so that keeps me motivated.

It's summer -- enjoy doing whatever you do!

-Sean-

1 comment:

Geo said...

Trails are dry! One nice thing about Island Lake (which has a bit o' sand) is that it never stays wet. Okay, there is sometimes that long puddle at the end of the blue loop, but is is shallow with a hard bottom -- ride (slowly) right down the middle!