12 June, 2009

Road Trip

Looking like a good weekend to slide out of town. Drake hatch is happening on the Pere Marquette rivers, weather looks good, and work's been busy so a little fishing/camping trip seems in order.

Picked up a deal on some Frog Toggs back-up waders while Orvis is "examining" my others. Seem like nice waders and will be nice to have an extra pair. I've wanted to volunteer for some river clean-up days so these will be nice to have.

Also looks like a nice weekend to break out the trusty $12 tent. I like the idea of this sort of trip. No real agenda, drive up, find a nice piece of river and an open campsite and I'm set. Might even try to do a little menu planning so I'm completely self-sufficient (why sit in a smoky bar when you could enjoy campfire smoke instead?).

Plus, the Pere is one of my favorite rivers and I want to try to walk in at some spots I've not done before. Should be a nice trip! Pictures and details to follow. Enjoy the weekend!

-Sean-

No comments: