06 August, 2009

Electrifying

Hmmm, National Weather Service says "thunderstorms and heavy rains" for Friday night near the Pere Marquette River. The $12 tent is not checked out for such antics, so I'm not optimistic about any fishing.

Plus...

I'm outdoors in all sorts of weather. But thunderstorms are another thing. Especially standing in the water waving a 9' lightning rod about. On recent muskie fishing expedition we turned around and noticed a wall of black clouds. Just was we were discussing what to do, a nice collection of lightning strikes went off. OK, time to GO!

It's funny, as an outdoor type, I'm always checking weather forecasts - I keep the National Weather Service bookmarked in my browser and even use the mobile version on my phone. I find them to be the most reliable resource.

On the upside, I'll be back at my alma mater tomorrow to re-live my glory days on radio. Friend Tom invited me to share a shift with him during a reunion day on WMHW. Pulling together playlists was fun and it should be cool to see people and get back on-air. But it's looking like no outdoor play for this camper this weekend.

-Sean-

No comments: