23 October, 2009

Old Fave

It's duck weather today. Cold, windy, and been raining hard pretty much all day. Weather that smart animals use to outsmart dumb hunters.

But I'm wearing one of my favorites today - my Filson jacket. Classic waxed cotton. Like Barbour, but more American rough-n-ready. This garment is the single most waterproof item I own. I've stood in a steady downpour outside for two hours in this coat and stayed totally dry.

The best part? And yes, this is totally weird. It smells like the canvas tents of my Boy Scout years. Especially when a little moisture hits it. A strange, comforting sense of time and place that I love. Makes this jacket so endearing to me.

If you've not checked out Filson, I highly recommend. Their products are durable, functional, and good looking. Another nice feature is a broad selection of liners that can take you through the coldest of weather.

-Sean-

No comments: