09 November, 2009

Cold Conquered

Great road ride yesterday morning with some friends. Rode from downtown Saline out toward Manchester and back in a big loop. Total about 22 miles. Felt GREAT!

While yesterday was unseasonably warm, at 8 am it was still only around 40 degrees. For as much as I love cold weather skiing, fishing, and hunting, I don't do cold on the bike well. But yesterday worked great - base layer, middle insulating layer, and wind-proof shell. Grabbed my winter gloves at the last moment, which was a good call.

I think the key for me is not getting cold at first. That's when I bail. By the end of the ride, I was a bit too warm, but for the most part comfy. Nice to know that the season doesn't have to end in September! Hoping to get 1-2 more rides in now!

-Sean-

No comments: