05 November, 2009

Pull!

Been wanting to get my Remington 11-48 working better for me as a shotgun for clays. It came with a battered recoil pad that almost disintegrated when I removed it. Tried to install one myself, after Gander Mountain sat with my gun for a MONTH and did nothing. Let's just say, I don't think I'll be applying for any gunsmith jobs any time soon. Fugly.

I'd heard good things about Williams Gun Sight east of Flint. On a recent trip North, I was able to stop in and chat with one of their gunsmiths. He figured out that my length of pull is WAY too short on this gun. Might explain my low averages and difficulty finding a consistent mount. He offered that he likely had some used stock that could get the length where I needed it. Even called me to discuss options and provide his opinion. I think it's going to be a huge improvement. Hoping to run up there and pick it up this week -- wanted to try some clays this weekend.

Report to follow!

-Sean-

No comments: