03 November, 2009

Reel Deal

I'm lovin' my Orvis Battenkill Large Arbor 5 reel this Fall. I've caught salmon, steelhead, and brown trout on this reel. Drag system is perfect -- smooth, fast engagement. Great stopping power. Couldn't be happier with its performance.

Mine's spooled up with 20# Climax ZIP line for chuck n' duck style fishing. It's tough and tangle-free even in the coldest weather.

One of my favorite facets is the finish. It's almost jewel-like and looks great on any rod. In terms of appearance, this one's my favorite. I wish my Ross Momentum had been available in silver (it's champagned colored).

I see Orvis has them on sale just now (http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=65HE&dir_id=758&group_id=768&cat_id=7626&subcat_id=7644) - if you're looking for a solid large-species reel, I highly recommend!

-Sean-

No comments: