18 December, 2009

Nice Rack

Swapped bike rack for ski racks last night. Took me about 10 minutes total. I love Yakima racks - wouldn't buy anything else. In addition to my tower/crossbar set-up I have a Yakima Steelhead bike rack, Hully Roller/Mako Saddle kayak rack, and the FatCat4 ski/snowboard racks. All are well-engineered, rugged, and butt-simple to install and use. Every Yakima product I encounter seems to incorporate some surprising little innovation - they're the Apple of the rack biz!

If you're going to run a rack system all the time, I strongly recommend the fairing. Helps mileage, cuts down noise, and give you a place to support your favorite brands Ricky Bobby style with a melange of stickers!

Another piece of advice - spend extra for the good stuff. I initially bought a lower cost ski rack and hated it. Noisy, killed my mileage, and ugly. Fortunately, REI's exceptional customer satisfaction policy enabled me to trade up!

-Sean-

1 comment:

Geo said...

I love my Yakima King Joe that goes on the back of my sedan. Best investment I made in my biking this year. Now I can drive kids and bikes places. And I also bought from REI, specifically for the return policy. I've wasted money on bike racks before and was not going to do it again.