15 March, 2010

Anticipation

Lots of cool stuff on the horizon -- can't wait!

Dad and I booked a trip with Brad Petzke of Rivers North for early June. Looks like we'll be floating the upper Escanaba river chasing trout. Brad says we picked a PRIME slot. This guy knows every nook and cranny of the Central/Eastern UP, so we should have some fun and learn, to!

Warm temps this week and some rain to clean off the roads means cycling season at least FEELS like it will be soon. Dropped the road bike off at the shop for some attention yesterday -- shifting adjustments, wheels trued, and bars re-taped. I figure it's been a while since it had professional attention, so its time. Looking forward to getting out on the road. My mileage dropped off last year, so I've set a goal of getting back to 100+ mile weeks this summer.

And, finally Dad and I met up with Uncle Bill and my cousin Travis at the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo on Saturday. Made some more plans for May steelhead trip to the UP. Should be a fun trip and it's possible Travis may even join us this year. Right now we're trying to figure out what waters to target.

Meanwhile, I'm itching to get on the river. But I heard from several PM/Manistee guides that with the rapid disappearance of Winter this past week the rivers are WAY up and really unwadeable. Bummer!

-Sean-

No comments: