18 March, 2010

Least Favorite Season

I love Winter. Always have. Snow's pretty, I don't mind cold, and there's lots of fun stuff to do outside. In recent years, I've discovered a newfound love of Summer. Great time for cycling, trout and smallmouth fishing, hiking, and I love a nice summer night out in a tent. Same goes for Fall with its excellent steelhead season, great bird hunting, and opportunities to mountain bike in cooler, but still pleasant temperatures.

But then there's Spring. And you just never know with Spring. Today, it's supposed to top 60 degrees with bright sunshine. Cool, except I'm stuck in the office. This weekend? Mix of snow and rain and temps topping out in the high 30's. Awesome. As I reflect, maybe it's early Spring I'm not that wild about. Once we get some rains to wash off the roads, and the temps in the rivers top 40 consistently then things start to pick up. But I'm always itchy right in this transition. Can see the things I want to do are close at-hand, but not QUITE ready.

Ahh well, this too shall pass. That's the nice thing about Michigan. Don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes.

-Sean-

No comments: