20 October, 2010

Tweener

Looks like we're firmly in the "between" season. Not that I'm not enjoying the beautiful Fall weather in Michigan, but I'm definitely at the crossroads of my activities.
  • It's too soon for snow for skiing. Even I have to admit that.
  • Nice weather and sunshine mean the steelhead haven't shown up in the rivers in significant numbers. A little wind and rain would do wonders for this, along with some consistently colder temps.
  • It's just a LITTLE too chilly to ride my road bike.
  • As I've not really learned the way of the Fall trout, that season's mostly done for me.
But, in the meantime it's a great season to enjoy some college football, finish up some household maintenance so I don't have to do it later in the year when all this good stuff gets rolling, and tie up flies! I knocked out one crazy looking streamer last night, but it was better than my first attempt by far.

Looks like the rain starts in this weekend. As I have an annual NW Michigan steelhead trip planned for next week, a good thing!

-Sean-

No comments: