21 January, 2011

Quiet Favorite

I've noticed another brand sneaking into my outdoor arsenal -- Mountain Hardwear. I've noticed that when I'm considering an addition of an item, that's become a go-to brand. It started with a fleece hat and gloves. Last year I added a SubZero for the really cold days. When it's seriously chilly, this is the only jacket I reach for. With one layer, I'm instantly warm below 10 degrees. This year I scored an Octans fleece on sale that's stylish, well-built, and surprisingly warm for its bulk. I've also got another of these mid-weight grid fleeces that's an older model.

All of the Mountain Hardwear gear I own is an excellent product. When you consider the very competitive pricing, it stands out even more. I'm sure as I add gear (like when I finally replace my The North Face sleeping bag that dates to Boy Scout days...) that Mountain Hardwear will be on the list.

As a marketer, I'm also a fan of the brand. It starts with an excellent and distinctive logo. The cool thing about this logo is its modularity. The threaded nut on the right become a tremendous icon (as good as the Nike Swoosh, in my opinion) on smaller goods, or as an accent on a cuff or shoulder sleeve.

The Mountain Hardwear website's as good ad the rest of the brand. Easy to use, can show as much or as little detail as you need.

As an outdoorsman, I respect consistently excellent products. As a marketer, I respect a brand that's equal to its excellent products. Well done!

-Sean-

No comments: