03 February, 2011

Random Ramblings

Wow -- where did the week go? After being down sick on Monday and Snowmageddon 2011 eating up Tue/Wed in the Midwest, this week vanished.

I've been reading more and more on the Remington VERSAMAX. Just can't wait for mine to show up. Eager to get out for Spring sporting clays and get it all set-up for me. I think that's one of the things I'm most excited about. With such a wide range of adjustments and interchangeable cheek pads, I should be able to dial this thing in to perfection. Truly looking forward to a gun that fits ME. Will shoulder consistently and quickly.

Starting to line up Spring steelhead trips already and it's pretty exciting. I had to cancel two different January outings due to frigid temps. Have a February date set-up, but I think that will close out the Winter season. I'm looking at trips to Lake Superior region of Michigan's UP, possibly Steelhead Alley in Ohio, and a few walk-in's on the Pere Marquette, White, and maybe the Muskegon. Didn't make it out West to ski this year, but these sorts of trips more than make up for that!

Already thinking about summer trout fishing and camping, getting my road bike out, and more. And, ski season's not even concluded. Nice to have options!

-Sean-

No comments: