18 March, 2011

The Old Man & The Sea

Had a fun getaway with Dad this past weekend. We spent a day up on the PM doing some walk n' wade, then met up with Jon Ray for a day on the Manistee. I seem to have thoroughly infected my Dad with my passion for steelhead. It's been a great way to spend time together and something we really have in common.

But most of all, I'm proud of my Dad. At age 67 he's always game to clamber into a frozen river and stand casting for hours. He's eager to learn new things and up for most any adventure I can dream up. Sadly, the fish were less than cooperative for us this week, but we did manage some a nice brookie, a steelhead or two, and even four pike. All in all a fun trip and a great way to spend time together doing something we both love!

-Sean-

No comments: