05 May, 2011

Only in a Jeep

Turned in the Honda Element last week for a return to the Jeep family. While the Element had some interesting features, it turned out not to really be the right vehicle. Underpowered, poor gas mileage, and a ride like a tin box made me glad to turn it in.

It's been replaced with a Jeep Liberty 70th Anniversay edition. I've had a number of Jeep vehicles over the years and all have served me well. The core thing that keeps me coming back to the brand is its offroad capability. Design for offroad performance is a hallmark of all Jeeps. Sure they may not always be the smoothest riding vehicle on city streets, but when you're up to the transfer case in sand looking for a river access point, you appreciate the offroad heritage! Having nearly buried the Element twice last summer in this sort of situation, I'm looking forward to the confidence a Jeep delivers.

Last weekend I got my Yakima roof racks installed, so now it's ready to roll. Not sure if I'm going to install the Rod Loft system or not. I've been finding I don't use it a great deal, so not sure if it's worth the hassle to configure for the new vehicle.

-Sean-

No comments: