11 August, 2011

Signs of the Seasons

Fall is on its way. Our first week of cool temps has arrived. It's darker in the mornings. And the Canadian geese are starting their journey, honking all the way.

I've learned to appreciate and enjoy Summer, but I always reach a point where I'm done. I start looking forward to chasing steelhead, the Fall colors, cooler days, and tailgating. Last week, I hit that point. I could tell because I started thinking about organization among my fishing gear - switching over from trout and smallmouth gear to the big gun steelhead hardware. I'll probaby tie up a couple of new streamers this weekend.

But, still have some trout trips in mind, plans to get out on both mountain and road bikes, and some canoe floats I'd like to do. I'm sure there's plenty of warm-weather fun yet to come, but at the same time, I'll be making plans for the coming season.

-Sean-

No comments: