18 February, 2013

A Good Cause - and Some Goalsetting!

Image (C) Jennifer Leigh Photography
At the encouragement of my buddy, Josh, I've signed up to ride the Mid-Michigan Komen Ride for the Cure in August. I considered it last year, but didn't for two reasons:
  1. I found out about it too close to the event and wouldn't have had time to raise the minimum goal.
  2. I hadn't yet ridden a single 30 mile ride. Oh, who the hell am I kidding - I hadn't even ridden a 20 mile ride.
A common strategy I've read in cycling (and other) magazines to help get in shape is to set goals. I figure that the timing of this event is perfect to motivate me to get my fat ass out there and moving. I need to drop some pounds, and convert my fatness to fitness. This will be the perfect motivator.

But this ride has an even more important component. My late friend Pam Prentice. After a long battle with breast cancer, the disease won out. Pam was an exceptional person. Words can't really describe her. And her husband Tom is also a close friend, as well as daughters Cait and Paige. This horrific disease really effected their entire family.

Please consider donating today - it's tax-deductible and you can do it securely online. Just click here to learn more. Thanks, in advance!

-Sean-

No comments: