02 September, 2014

Creaky - GONE!

Chris King to the rescue! Since the installation of my new bottom bracket, the annoying creak I've had in the lower regions of the Giant Defy Advanced is GONE! Rode 42 miles on Saturday and even pounding up Delhi Hill near the end of the ride (short, steep climb) nothing. Not a sound.

Nothing to see here - from the outside anyway...


As an added benefit, things just "feel" better. Somehow it's more rigid, and seems to roll more smoothly. Intuitively, this makes sense - there's a reason you buy precision components with precision bearings.

The unit comes in several colors, but I'm not even sure you'd have seen them with my frame. Besides, a little bling goes a long way.

While this was a bit pricey, the piece of mind and performance improvement make it more than worthwhile. If you've got an unhappy bottom bracket, I would definitely check out the Chris King bottom bracket solution.

-Sean-

No comments: