07 July, 2008

New Addition

There's a new addition to the family this weekend - a CZ 452 Lux .22 bolt action. I've wanted a good bolt since I started target shooting. And now I've got one. It's beautifully styled (very European, especially in the forearm) and feels wonderfully constructed.

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=3

Went to Johnson's Sporting Goods in Adrian. Great folks, and seem to be one of the few CZ dealers who carries much in rimfires. Was ALMOST tempted by a used Savage with thumbhole stock and a scope. But held out for the CZ and am glad I did. Finely crafted firearm.

Of course, had to stop at the range on the way home to shoot it a little. 2" groups on first outing -- not bad for a new one. Also shot Ruger 10/22 project gun. Can't believe what the trigger modifaction did. Though I think the new CZ will be my most popular shooter.

-Sean-

No comments: