27 August, 2008

Lessons Learned

Learned some interesting lessons while camping and fishing in northern MI last weekend.

  1. Waterproof matches are better than lighters. They never run out of butane.
  2. There's a reason my friends recommended a shorter, lighter weight fly rod for tight trout streams. My 9' 6-weight was like trying to sweep a coat closet with a push broom. Whack. Thwap. The sounds of me fishing the Boyne, smacking every tree in sight.
  3. State Park campgrounds aren't free because they're patrolled and maintained, unlike County campgrounds.
  4. A $12 tent will have a weakest link. It would appear that mine are the stakes. Easy upgrade.
  5. The Mustang was a dumb idea. The Element was a good idea.
  6. New rod loft rack ROCKS. What a great product.
  7. Trout streams are COLD. Dang!
  8. I need to work on my knot skills.
  9. There are too many rich people in Harbor Springs. And they need to show this wealth off too much.
  10. I don't understand golf.

-Sean-

No comments: