02 September, 2008

With A Little Help from My Friends

Great weekend of fun outdoor stuff, courtesy of some good friends.

Friday got an early start on the weekend after Jon invited me out on his new boat. We took his kids out on Portage Lake, and some connected lake I don't know the name of. Great time - was fun to fish with kids. Ended up out on the water until dark. Caught a nice little pike and a bass. Everybody else got skunked. A really peaceful, perfect Michigan summer evening. Thanks to Grace and Daniel (oh, and Jon...) for letting me play on the family boat.

Then Sunday went with Andy to Post 46 Hunt & Fish Club in Pinckney for sporting clays. Have wanted to check this place out with him for a while. Great setting on Silver Lake. All kinds of things to do - fishing, campground, nice clubhouse, target range, archery. And just the nicest, most down-to-earth people. Really made me feel welcome. Clays course was great fun, wandering through the woods with lots of challenging shots. I'm very intrigued with this place. Membership is very affordable and lots to do - plus it's only a 20 minute drive.

Nice ride Monday morning -- about 30 mile loop to Dexter and Hudson Mills Park. Got back JUST as wind was starting to come up. I think every weekend should be a 3-day weekend.

-Sean-

No comments: