13 January, 2009

Winter Fun

Couple of brief things...

First, I dug out my cross-country skis on Sunday. After a nice 10" of fresh snow that was so much fun! I skied XC all the time as a kid and until I started downhill skiing. Then it kind of faded. Was so pretty out that morning and it was great exercise. Glad I dusted them off!

Second, went to Ann Arbor Trout Unlimited meeting last night. Speaker was Mike Schultz, fly shop manager from Colton Bay Outfitters, and river guide. Presentation was on steelhead fishing using indicator rigs. Mike's knowledge is just amazing, especially for such a young guy. I learned a lot more about the theory and strategy that my steelhead attempts have lacked. Stop in and see Mike -- good guy and very willing to teach. Plus, that TU chapter just has some really nice and enjoyable folks. I always enjoy the meetings.

Cold weather coming. And more snow. Good for winter fun!

-Sean-

No comments: