27 February, 2009

Seasonal Affective Disorder

I love winter. To me, nothing is prettier than a fresh snowfall. Lots of people I know are bemoaning the hard snowy winter and looking to get away someplace warm. Not me.

Buuuuuuutttttttttttt....

Must say I don't care for the late Winter/early Spring transition. 50 degrees today, 20 tomorrow. Dramatic swings in the barometric pressure that screw up both fishing and my sinuses. Snow melts to a gray mish-mash. Warm days are tempting, but it's not quite time for cycling season. And though I'm winding down ski season, I'm not QUITE ready to give it up yet.

So, I'll pass my time planning for opening weekend for trout in the U.P. with my friends and family at my folk's place, clean guns, wax and scrape skis, tweak my bike, and maybe head out to the range or shoot sporting clays.

Plus, it's supposed to be back to 20 degrees tomorrow and snow a little. Sadly, not enough for XC skis or my snowshoes!

-Sean-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why are you not writing for Outside Magazine or some such outfit? Your knowledge of the goods is impressive. Let's get these folks as clients! There will be no stopping you.

See you in a week. arlene

Geo said...

Pfft... if it isn't XC ski weather, it is definitely cycling weather!