26 February, 2009

Surprise Winter Tip

Like many outdoorsy sorts, I find my hands take a beating in the winter. No matter how much I moisturize, keep things clipped, etc. I still get painful cracks and cuts. Seems fly fishing and shooting sporting clays (pushing shells into the magazine) are the worst offenders. I don't feel any burning urge for Marlboro Man Hands, so I try to take care of them.

Now before you go thinking I've gone all girly on you...

I stumbled onto the ultimate solution. Super Glue. Yup, that's right. A little dab on that crack that won't heal, let it dry, quick hit with a file, and PRESTO -- back in business. It sounds weird, but it's basically similar to the liquid stitches used in hospital ER's. And it works.

And, yes, I realize that glueing your fingers is weird. But, I'm over it.

-Sean-

No comments: