06 March, 2009

Fish On!

All fired up for UP fly fishing after presentation from Brad Petzke of Northern Waters (http://www.riversnorth.net/). Learned about Atlantic salmon in the St. Mary's, the Escanaba river, and how great the Manistique is for steelhead in both Spring and Fall. Also the Sturgeon, which I fished with Dad and buddy Paul last year. Pretty setting.

Now I'm eager to get back up there. Trip planned in May for trout and steelhead. Working out the logistics with Dad now. I think I will want to spend a good bit more time up there this year to take advantage of the unique fishing.

If you're in the Ann Arbor area, I highly recommend the speakers series at Colton Bay Outfitters. Thus far I've attended Kevin Feenstra's on swinging flies for steelhead, Tommy Lynch on midnight mousin', and Brad's last night. Mike Schultz has done a top-notch job of assembling great talent for this series. I've learned lots and gotten much inspiration from this series.

-Sean-

No comments: