10 March, 2009

Summer's Coming!

With my return to cycling, and re-discovery of fishing, I'm finding I like summer a whole bunch more than I used to. And last week, we started to glimpse that it was coming. Not sure what it was, I could just tell.

So many cool things I'm looking forward to. Riding bike on a weeknight on Huron River Dr. Late summer Kings in Ludington (at left). Small-mouth bass on the Huron. Tiny trout creeks in the UP.

Was out with a friend last night whom I shoot with a lot and we were talking about how much we're both looking forward to not freezing our a$$es off at the range. Nothing like sitting still, leaning on a concrete bench in the cold to chill you to the bone. We're both looking forward to that nice 70 degree day where we can slow down, shoot the 25-, 50-, and 100-yard ranges progressively. Maybe shoot some clays, too.

I think I'm most looking forward to cycling. I hate riding cold, so I just STOP in the cold seasons. Nothing quite like a ride on good hot day. Just feels right. Time to get tuning things up! Seems perfect for Spring weather -- 40's and drizzling right now.

Oh, and I'm looking forward to flip-flops again. Love my Reef Mick Fanning's! Comfy and with a built-in bottle opener.

-Sean-

No comments: