16 April, 2009

Excitement

Though I fished winter steelhead all year, that was mostly a solo act. Something I certainly enjoy, but this afternoon I'm headed to Manistee to meet up with some friends and a guide for a day of spring steelhead. At heart, I'm a social animal, so I'm really looking forward to this. There's something about a fishing or hunting trip that I really enjoy. It's a nice mix of friendship, laughter, and getting outside -- mixed in with a little competitiveness!

Plus, any trip with a guide is a solid opportunity to learn. And we'll be on the Pere Marquette, which has rapidly become one of my favorite rivers. A truly beautiful setting. Although this season I hope to explore a few other rivers I've not been on yet -- the Betsie, Platte, and AuSable are all likely targets.

Report will follow soon, but sadly no pictures. Still no replacement for the compact digital camera yet.

-Sean-

No comments: