21 July, 2009

Groove Relocated

Oddly, just haven't been able to find my groove on the road bike this summer.

Until last night.

Headed out for an after-work ride and everything clicked. It's weird when it happens, but I can tell from very shortly into a ride if it's working or not. I think part of the issue this year has been the cold weather. I don't like riding in the cold (odd for a guy who skis and stands in the river fly fishing all winter) and that's likely part of it. Last night was a perfect, warm summer evening and the first time I can remember this year where I wasn't cold. But it's more than that - a jump in my stroke. An odd twitchy energy. I settled in quickly for a nice 14 mile ride and even took the hilly route! Felt really great to be out and not forcing myself to ride.

I am having some numbness in my feet after ten miles or so -- I think I need to look at cleat position. But that's relatively minor. Glad to have my groove back. If storms hold off, maybe I'll try again tonight.

-Sean-

No comments: