28 September, 2009

Hello, Old Friend

Since completing the build-up of the mt. bike, the road bike hasn't seen a lot of miles this summer. Cool temps probably haven't helped, but I'm sure it will balance out over time.

Yesterday proved the perfect day to correct this. And even surprise myself a little. Did a 20 mile ride along the Huron River. At first I thought it would just be a short spin, as I'd convinced myself my aerobic fitness was lacking. But, once the muscles warmed up, I found I just wanted to keep going! I'm guessing I've been getting plenty of cardio on the mountain bike, just more in intervals.

Bike road and felt great. Everything was tight, crisp, and responsive. And, other than some wind, it was just about the perfect early Fall day for a ride. Hello, old friend -- good to see you back!

-Sean-

2 comments:

Chris Stepien said...

I've been riding my mountain bike all summer. Great cardio and good for tightening up the abdomen. I ride a trail that winds through the Univ of Michgan-Dearborn campus out to Hines Drive until I reach Outer Drive and then I turn back. Round trip is about 9 miles. This summer, I've been riding it several times a week. Sometimes 5-6 days in a row.

Went for a spin yesterday ... my bike is really ready for a tune up.
Glad a reunited with my old fried this summer.

Robert Edmonds said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a Fall day.
Thanks for your comment about my art Sean, glad to hear it's adorning your office wall.
Cheers,
Rob