16 September, 2009

Reel Deal

If you fly fish for steelhead you lose flies to trees, rocks, and angry fish. It's a fact of life. So paying $3 each for a steelhead fly never made much sense to me.

A friend turned me on to www.reelflies.ca as a resource. They seem to have a solid selection of a decent range of the classics. Oddball local faves like Iso's aren't here (you should be buying those at the local fly shop anyway). Curiously, no terrestrials either. But, for the basics a great selection and very affordable. Also some really nice assortment packs at a great price.

My Dad and I decided to go in on some and try them out. Arrived last night (quick -- only 6 days from order) and they look great! I ordered a nymph assortment to build up that box, as well as a dozen eggs and some black stoneflies. Can't wait to hit the Fall steelies with these!

-Sean-

No comments: