19 November, 2009

Let It Snow!

Well, it's official, Winter started at 7pm last night - with the premier of Warren Miller's "Dynasty" ski flick. I've been going to these as my Winter kick-off since I was in college. Always leave amped up for the upcoming season, as I did last night!

Of course, I walked out of the theater into 45 degree drizzle; but you gotta' live with that to get to snow. This time of year is one ripe with anticipation. What kind of snow will we have? After two exceptional seasons, I'll admit I'm nervous. Whatever your views on global warming, you have to admit we've had some WEIRD weather patterns around the globe in recent years. Alta gets 700" of snow last year? Insane. I'm not sure the term "global warming" is appropriate, but I would certainly buy into "global climate change".

I think this weekend I'll need to break the boards out of their bags, pull gear out to inspect, and all that pre-season stuff. But, in the meantime, hoping to slip a couple more steelhead fishing trips into the coming weeks. Have to be in Gaylord overnight next week, so may take a detour on the way home to get in some river time.

-Sean-

No comments: