30 December, 2009

Highlight Reel

All these "Best of 2009" got me to thinking about some of mine, like:
  • December steelhead on the Manistee with guide Jon Ray and my Dad. I think Dad caught his first steelie on a fly that day (along with three others!) and I got two steel and ended the day with my biggest ever brown trout.
  • Camping along Lake Superior's shores and fishing the Two Hearted river this summer. One of the most peaceful spots I've ever been to. Cooked the best steak I've ever eaten over the campfire that night.
  • Re-discovering mountain biking through my cool new singlespeed 29er. Especially rides at Island Lake rec area.
  • Pleasant summer nights camping on the Pere Marquette and catching some nice trout on an evening hatch.
  • Rabbit hunting with my friends at Muscato Enterprises. Always fun and always feel welcome.
  • Camping; I love it. Makes me feel self-sufficient.
  • Last two days of MI skiing at Caberfae. Arrived to 6" of fresh powder, snowed all day (and night) and enjoyed a second day in bluebird skies and a foot of fresh!
  • Finally feeling like I have steelhead rigging figured out enough to be self-sufficient. And getting proficient with indy rig so I don't have to chuck n' duck everywhere.

Hope your year is filled with some outside memories!

-Sean-

No comments: