28 December, 2009

Season Opener

Headed North to open the ski season at Caberfae yesterday. A little fresh snow and high 20's made for a perfect day. Surprisingly I was able to get my powder boards out for a the morning. While they certainly weren't necessary, I like to ski them when conditions are right.

They're Line Prophet 100's and I'm amazed how versatile they've proven. In anything short of Midwest boilerplate, they do a solid job -- surprising for a ski that will float in 14" of fresh powder! I skied them until lunch time. Glad I threw them in at the last moment.

Another pleasant surprise was that from Turn One I had my ski legs back! While I will admit that by five, I was ready to end my day and head homeward. But for most of the day I was charging the most aggressive lines I could find, and even making a few flat-out blazes down the hill!

Great day, and a solid opening to the season. Snow was decent, considering Cadillac got a half-inch of rain on Christmas Day. Now we just need a few big dumps to build up the base!

-Sean-

No comments: