15 December, 2009

Tips & Tricks

Seems like little stuff can make a big difference, so here are a few of my faves:

Superglue
Spend time outside in the winter? Then you have those painful cracks in your fingers that never seem to heal. The solution? A dab of Superglue! Seals them up and lets things heal up again. If you think about it, this is roughly the same substance used as liquid stitches in ER's.

Disposable Latex Gloves
I got this one from the owner of my local bike shop. Buy a box of these and keep them in your shop. When you have to work on something greasy or with solvents, throw a pair on. Cheap, and makes clean-up so much easier. When I worked in a bike shop, it seemed like I could never get my hands clean from accumulated greasy grime. No problem now! Also great for comprehensive tear-down and cleaning on guns.

CLP Spray
My cleaning choice for all but the nastiest of firearms (I reserve Remington's RemAction for that) is also just about the best all-around household cleaner/lubricant I've found. Works great on the track for my screen door, one squeaky hinges, etc. There's a reason it's called Clean-Lubricate-Protect!

Zip Ties
I think these are the modern equivalent of Duct Tape. My uses are to numerous to list but these ingenous little devices seem to get used in every pursuit or hobby I have. I stock a multitude of sizes and colors for almost any application.

Just a few faves -- enjoy!

-Sean-

No comments: