04 March, 2010

Signs of a Changing Season

There are plenty of signs of a changing season -- lengthening or shortening days, cooler or warmer evenings. But for me the way I know a new season is coming is that I start feeling compelled to monkey with the gear of the next season.

The other day, I waxed my skis after the last outing. As I was doing it, I thought it was likely the last time and that this was "putting them up for the year". Last night I walked past my road bike and started to mentally itemize all the clean-up, tune-up, and prep I want to do over the next month. Yesterday I got my Ross CLA 3 set-up with a sink-tip for stripping streamers. Even did some more fine-tuning on my centerpin reel in prep for the April UP steelhead trip. This weekend I'll probably clean my target rifles and do some maintenance on the handguns now that the days are warm enough to sit on a concrete bench at the range.

Yup, all sure signs that Spring's about to get sprung!

-Sean-

No comments: