02 April, 2010

Is This A Problem?

First step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. It would appear I have a fly rod issue. As I was putting the basement back together after some recent plumbing chaos, I noted the growing army of sticks. At-present, the following are in the arsenal:
  • Scott A2 in 9' 6-weight; my all-round trout/smallie rod
  • Scott S3 in 9' 6" 8-weight; my all-round steelhead rod for indicator fishing
  • Orvis Clearwater II in 9' 8-weight for chuck-and-duck steelheading
  • TFO Signature in 7'6" 3-weight for tight UP trout streams
  • Raven IM6 13' 6" float rod for centerpinning
  • Ross FS in 9' 5/6-weight; back-up/learner rod
  • TFO Signature in 9' 10-weight for Kings
  • Albright GP in 9' 8-weight; probably for stripping streamers to big trout and as a back-up (hey, it was CHEAP...)

On the upside, I don't think I paid anything near retail for any of these. Many were used from guide friends clearing out their garages. Others were sale or closeout items.

At the moment, only two others are possibilities -- looking to pick up a Scot A2/3 in 7'6" 3-weight to replace my TFO (I love the Scott A Series rods), plus may be doing some trade out for a longer 11' switch rod for drifting indicators to steelies (probably a TFO Deer Creek).

Let's not even talk about reels. Yet.

-Sean-

No comments: