01 April, 2010

Ready to Roll!

Spent some time on the road bike last night. The season-opening degrease, wash, wax. Always love doing that. Everything looks so shiny and new afterward. Hope it gives me a little extra jump on my first ride. Weather's supposed to be warm the next few days and we've had some rain to wash the roads off, so I'm thinking this weekend will be first outing. Now we'll find out just how much my fitness slipped over the winter.

Also, had the local shop do some tuning to the shifting, wrap the bars with fresh tape, and tension and true my wheels. Crisp! I like it.

Shoes are due for some new cleats (when did standard Look cleats become hard to find items?). I had some problems with numbness in my toes last year after 15 miles or so. Sure enough, guys at the shop thought my cleats weren't positioned correctly. So, now that's been fixed.

Here we go! Game on. My goal is to get back to 75+ miles per week. Get outside. Burn some calories. Should be fun!

-Sean-

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Vamos Sean!!