09 April, 2010

Michigan April

Had temps in in the low 80's last week. This morning there's a trace of SNOW on my porch roof. Ummm, OK, we'll call that a setback on Spring then!

On the upside, I think fly tieing may become the perfect fill-in for this situation. As of now, my bike's cleaned up, household chores and repairs are in good shape, and I don't watch a ton of TV. Downtime? Tie flies!

But this weekend I get to participate in one of my favorite warm weather activities - Tiger baseball! Friends are coming to visit and we scored super-cheap mezzanine tickets for tomorrow afternoon. There's little that's as much fun as a Tiger game on a nice day in downtown Detroit. Supposed to be sunny and mid-60's. In April, I'll take it! Nice way to relax, meet some nice folks, and enjoy one of the best things about Detroit. And a little Slow's BBQ afterward might just round out a great day nicely!

-Sean-

No comments: