15 April, 2010

Slow Go

Geez did my fitness fall off over the Winter. Took a second ride of the season (Spring keeps toying with us in Michigan) last night. Enjoyed being out, but wow am I a slug. Downloaded ride data from my Garmin and, well, it's not good...

But, then I remember that improvements are a result of continuous and regular effort and won't be instantaneous. Just need to get out 2-4x per week and I'm sure that after a couple of weeks, all will be well. But, for now, I think I'll stick to solo rides -- I think a group ride would kill me.

On the upside, sure was nice to be out on the road. Bike felt tuned and crisp. Shifting was great and precise. Even the normally poor brakes (Note to Giant: long reach calipers and house brand brakes? Why?) felt solid and had decent stopping distance.

OK, just have to squeeze time into schedule. A few weeks and I won't even remember the slow start!

-Sean-

No comments: