28 May, 2010

First Ride & Miscellany

Hoping to get mountain bike out for a couple of rides this weekend. Michigan spring weather's been pretty wet and chilly until a few days ago. We seemed to go from 50's into the high 80's overnight. Unlike some masochists, I don't feel that I need to be completely mud-marinated to have a successful ride. I'll likely hit either Island Lakes loop or perhaps start out at the more manageable Olson Park on Ann Arbor's north side.

Also, some prep for next weekend's UP/northern MI fishing trip. Dad and I are doing a float trip on the Upper Escanaba with Brad Petzke of Rivers North. Really looking forward to this trip. This river's supposed to be very remote and beautiful - and hopefully full of trout!

Best part of this warm-up has been the pleasant evenings - done some great grilling this week (one of my other favorie outdoor activities).

Whatever you're doing this long holiday weekend -- enjoy!

-Sean-

No comments: