01 June, 2010

Tied Up

Had some time Saturday morning to practice my fly tieing skills. Per an earlier post, I've decided to concentrate on building some skills with a few simpler patterns before expanding my repertoire. Last weekend I tied some respectable green caddis nymphs. This weekend was the excellent all-around Wooly Bugger.

Of course, the hatches in Michigan are really starting to happen. This makes me want to tie some dries, especially my favorite Isonychia's. I think I'll try some Parachute Grey Drakes and Parachute Adams next. I learned how to tie these in my intro class.

I'm really happy with my Renzetti Traveller vise! Buying something better than a $29.95 made-in-Pakistan vise off eBay has really paid off. Easy, precise, and things just seem to be in the right place.

It's nice to have a good rainy day activity!

-Sean-

No comments: