12 May, 2010

Under the Stars

This week I've had the camping bug. Eager to get out and sleep under the stars (well, almost -- tent and all...). Nothing quite like cooking over a campfire, then enjoying it's tranquility afterwards. Then crawling into a comfy sleeping bag for a great night's sleep!

And, this season will feature an upgrade - R.I.P. $12 tent. Looking forward to the added confidence a decent tent brings. Especially the idea that if it rains, I might actually stay dry!

Camping puts me right on top of the action. Like the picture at left. This was taken at a campsite at the mouth of the Two Hearted River in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A fifteen-foot walk put me on the beach of Lake Superior. A few moments drive to the Reed and Green Bridge for solid trout fishing. And the North Country Trail for mountain biking was at the top of the hill!

That night I grilled a steak, asparagus, and potatoes for one of the best meals ever! I love campfire cooking. Sure it's a challenge to manage the heat, but I'm up for it!

-Sean-

No comments: