13 July, 2010

Ross Rules

My Ross addiction continues. Current inventory has grown to include:
  • One  Momentum V for steelhead indicator fishing with a second used one likely on the horizon for swinging flies on the switch rod.
  • Three CLA's - two CLA III's (one for floating lines, another with 200 gr. sink tip) and a CLA 1.5 for use on my 3/4 wt. dry rigs.
  • Two Flystarts - small and medium size for back-up rigs
I am discovering that for me, spare spools end up being kind of pointless. My 6 weight trout/smallmouth rigs are a perfect example. I originally bought a spare spool for my CLA III to use with sink tips. After consideration, I decided that being able to just have one floating and one sinking rig ready to rock just makes more sense. Fortunately, I was able to return the CLA spool and buy a full reel. Now that reel will reside on my 5/6 Ross Essence back-up rod. Great for walk-in spots. Take both rods, fish dries or nymphs first, then rip n' strip some streamers to bat clean-up. PERFECT!

-Sean-

No comments: