12 July, 2010

Warranty Service Required

Curious that both of my .22 handguns required a trip in for warranty service shortly after puchase. First was my Browning Buckmark semi-auto. Shortly after purchase is started regularly experiencing stovepipe jams. Initially it was with low-cost ammo, but very quickly it started happening with most ammo. A full tear-down, clean, and re-lube didn't help. So, back to Browning it goes. A couple of weeks later, it's back with no information on what they fixed. But, fix it they did. Cycles like a champ with most any ammo

Late last year, I purchased a Taurus 94 .22 wheelgun. After a couple of times out I'm noticing some lock-up between rounds when shooting double-action. Then it starts happening in single-action; can't even cock the hammer. Fortunately, Taurus has an amazing lifetime warranty, so back it goes. Still awaiting its completion, but hope this fixes the issue, as I do think I'm going to like this gun. Nice barrel length, target sights. May need a bit heavier grip as it's a bit small for my hands.

Of course, this makes me want one of the new Sig's (P220, 226 or 229) in .22. Buckmark's nice, but many plastic internals. Not so in a Sig. But, I think with warranty work completed, all will be well.

-Sean-

No comments: